Cookie Notice WordPress plugin is a simple and customizable website banner that can help you meet the cookie consent requirements of the EU GDPR and CCPA regulations. It integrates seamlessly with the Cookie Compliance, a cutting-edge Consent Management Platform (CMP), to ensure that your website is up-to-date with the latest consent laws.
Cookie Compliance is an innovative solution that provides automated compliance features and advanced design controls. It is the first to offer Intentional Consent, a framework that incorporates the most recent guidelines from over 100 countries and international organizations such as the IEEE and European Center for Digital Rights. Cookie Compliance presents a user-friendly, multi-level experience and offers new options and controls to help site visitors understand and participate in data privacy decisions.
Cookie Compliance web application provides a more ethical and proactive approach to capturing and managing consent. This early version of the Intentional Consent framework is the result of Hu-manity.co’s collaboration with leading Fortune 500 companies, governments, and standards organizations. We believe that the current unequal relationship between consumers and corporations regarding data privacy and consent online is unsustainable. By making this application available to all website owners and operators we aim to eliminate the dark patterns in online consent.
Cookie Notice (WordPress plugin)
Cookie Notice offers a customizable website banner that makes it easier for you to meet the cookie consent requirements. It includes the following features:
- Customizable notice message
- Consent on click, scroll or close
- Multiple cookie expiry options
- WPML and Polylang compatible
- SEO friendly
Cookie Compliance (WordPress plugin + web application)
By integrating Cookie Notice with Cookie Compliance Consent Management Platform (CMP) web application you get access to the most current formatting guidelines and technical compliance requirements for over 100 countries and legal jurisdictions. The Cookie Compliance banner features include:
- Intentional Consent provides 3 equal buttons to give site visitors the ability to accept none, some, or all cookies through packaged choices called Data Access Levels. Data Access Levels improve consent conversion and eliminate the dark pattern of deceptive, non-equal choices in the first layer. Complies with equal choice principle prescribed under GDPR and other data protection laws.
- Consent duration selector gives visitor control over how long their consent remains valid for your site. Enables your site to align with recent guidelines from EU Data Protection Authorities, which state that cookie consent should be valid for no longer than a period of 6 months.
- Cookie purpose categories make it easy for website visitors to customize their consent by category. Complies with affirmative, opt-in consent requirements prescribed under GDPR and other data protection laws.
- Consent metrics displays the visitor’s consent record and a list of blocked / allowed 3rd parties directly in the expanded level of the banner. Complies with latest guidance from EU Data Protection Authorities like CNIL (France) and ICO (UK).
- Customizable Privacy Paper provides helpful information to improve visitor comprehension and understanding of the data sharing risks and benefits. Allows you to summarize core components of your sites privacy notice and aligns with the informed principle prescribed by GDPR rules for valid consent capture.
- Configurable Privacy Contact allows you to provide contact information for a business’ data privacy admin, as well as helpful links to data subject request forms and other data privacy resources. Aligns with the informed principle prescribed by GDPR rules for valid consent capture.
Web Application features:
- Consent analytics dashboard shows event data for number of visits and provides a “trust score” to help you track how site visitors are setting their consent. Make adjustments to your banner to improve your cookie acceptance rate and monitor progress via the consent activity graph.
- Default configurations for GDPR, CCPA and more help to remove dark patterns and allow for quick and easy deployment of the consent banner without any guesswork. Customize the design of any default configuration to match the look and feel of your site.
- Automatic script blocking blocks all non-essential cookie scripts and iFrames by default and complies with valid consent rules under GDPR and other data protection laws; in order to be compliant, your site must record visitor consent before setting or sending cookies.
- Consent record storage automatically stores a record of each consent and makes these records available for export. Complies with proof-of-consent requirements prescribed under GDPR and other data protection laws.
- Multilingual support automatically translates all banner text strings and allows you to provide custom translations for every text field to ensure visitors get a consistent consent experience.
- Multidomain management allows you to manage additional Free or Professional domains under a single account and enables you to customize banner configuration and design for each domain independently.
Cookie Compliance proactive approach:
For all businesses, the resources required to stay ahead of the latest regulations increases with the passage of each new law. With enforcement of compliance violations increasing daily, we believe it is critical for us as a trusted consent vendor to do everything in our power to help you stay ahead of these laws and remove the risk to your business.
Cookie Compliance covers all current and upcoming regulations:
- GDPR (EU)
- ePrivacy Directive (EU)
- ePrivacy Regulation (EU)
- PECR (UK)
- LGPD (Brazil)
- PIPEDA (Canada)
- PDPB (India)
- CCPA (California, US)
- VCDPA (Virginia, US)
- Colorado Privacy Act (US)
- CPRA (California, US)
Cookie Compliance incorporates all recent formatting guidance:
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- ICO (United Kingdom)
- CNIL (France)
- GPDP (Italy)
- BfDl (Germany)
- AEPD (Spain)
- European Center for Digital Rights (noyb.eu)