US Privacy Laws
- Information about the organization, including its name, address, and contact information.
- The purpose for which personal data is collected and processed.
- A description of the types of personal data that is collected and processed.
- How personal data is collected, including the sources of the data.
- How personal data is stored and protected.
- How personal data is used, including any third-party processors that the data may be shared with.
- An explanation of the rights of individuals under the GDPR, including the right to access their personal data, the right to have their personal data deleted, and the right to request that their personal data be corrected.
- Information about the process for individuals to exercise their rights under the GDPR.
- Information about the cookies and other technologies that may be used to track an individual’s browsing activity.
- Information about the process for filing a complaint with the relevant data protection authority.
Why is it Important?
- Identify the personal data that your business collects and processes.
- Determine the purpose for which the personal data is collected and processed.
- Outline the data collection and storage processes.
- Determine the duration for which the personal data will be stored.
- Outline the rights of individuals with respect to their personal data.
- Identify any third-party data processors and their obligations under the GDPR.
- Outline the procedure for handling data breaches.
- Ensure that your policy is available to individuals upon request.